Tuesday, August 11, 2009

From a Rain Forest to a Volcanic Crater Above the Clouds


Lest our readers fear they have been forgotten, here is my installment for day 2 of the escape to Paradise. The day began with a 5-mile walk along the pristine beach of Ma'alaea Bay. By mid-day we had driven to Iao Valley State Park, home of the Hawaii Nature Center. The park is part of a huge rainforest on the eastern side of the West Maui mountains. It is a breathtaking experience each time I visit. Lunch at Kula Lodge followed and then a truly spiritual experience...a visit to Haleakala Crater. This National Park is akin to Stonehenge in terms of the "energy" instilled in every grain of sand, every volcanic stone, every plant, every bird, every cloud. I have declared that a portion of my cremains be scattered here at some point after my demise (whenever THAT may be!). Awesome. Just, awesome.




No comments:

Post a Comment