Wednesday, August 5, 2009

"It Don't Look Like Progress to Me"

In the immortal words of our friend, singer-songwriter, Jay Clark...it don't look like progress to me! That's a melodious way of saying we seem to be at a bit of a standstill. All of my friends who have been through this process warned me there'd be weeks like this...weeks in which the milestones were replaced by lots and lots of NOTHING!

We're expecting an electric line, a well and maybe even some framing this week...but as of last night, just before the storm of biblical proportions hit, this week looks a lot like last week...NADA, ZILCH, ZIPPO progress.

I'll attempt to ease the pain with a breif respite on the beautiful island of Maui. There I shall drown my "No Progress Blues" in mai tais and every other rum-filled, paper umbrella laden concoction I can get my hands on.

And when once again I am returned to the doldrums of the mainland, let us hope and pray that progress has resumed.

Meanwhile...aloha to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment