Monday, August 17, 2009

Re-entry

Just a few final images from our little getaway to paradise and then I promise to stop gloating! If you've never had the chance to visit Maui start making your plans today. It is a magical place with everything to offer...rainforests, volcanoes, beaches, fabulous food, wonderful people...I could go on for days/weeks, but I'll spare you that. The trip from East Tennessee is no day at the beach, but it's worth the effort!

We spent a day taking the "road to Hana" which is a 52 mile stretch of curves, switchbacks and unbelievable views. Then we went snorkeling to Molokini crater and saw the most incredible creatures at home on the coral reefs. Followed that up with a swim with the Green Sea Turtles in the wild...life altering, really. This was not a lounge-on-the-beach kind of trip. I didn't finish my first book...we were just on the go constantly.

Later this week we'll get back to the nitty gritty of this blog...THE HOUSE. I haven't been out to the site since we got home so I don't know what to expect. I'll give you all a full report as soon as I have an update. In the meantime, one final Aloha to you all!








No comments:

Post a Comment